Thursday, July 30, 2020

No News Is Good News?


Not much has changed in the past couple of weeks for our remote lives, other than finding out more people who have caught the virus as we desperately try to keep our loved ones and ourselves protected.

I still have no exact date for returning to work.

Our loved one who's been in the hospital since May is still (thankfully) improving little by little.

Our coronavirus lives still consist of a fairly basic routine: On Mondays my husband watches Baby during my meetings then goes to work an evening shift. My mom stops by in late afternoon to visit and help me end the day. On Tuesdays through Thursdays I go to my parents' house to work from home while they babysit. Baby still takes a couple of nursing breaks during the day (usually one for a nap mid-morning and one for a snack mid-afternoon). Fridays are my short days, so sometimes I'll go over to spend time with my parents or sometimes I'll hold down the fort at home. Weekends are spent with Baby, going nowhere, catching up on TV shows while he naps, and treating ourselves to delivered pizza or drive-thru ice cream.

Our public school district has decided to do distance learning for all, but everything still feels tentative, ready to change at a moment's notice. This is the way news is at my job as well.

We wait. It's very much been a "stasis" kind of month.

But change is coming. Even without news we know that nothing can stay the same forever. And with the start of the fall semester on its way, I know there will be updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing the Chapter

Today marks the one year anniversary that this pandemic began for me. March 17, 2020 was my last "normal" day. My last day working...